Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Post

Somewhere in between the time I found a sweet and spicy flavored Dorito in my bed and when I saw the puzzled grimace on Jeff's face as he stared at my pile of kitchen appliances, it started to hit me...I'm married and I'm living with a BOY. Well, at least it's beginning to sink in. We live in an old house that is divided into four separate apartments. (I know the picture looks like we own the thing). From the old-school heaters to the stove that suspiciously resembles an Easy Bake Oven, I love it. Moving in meant downsizing my absurd amount of clothing, and that was not easy, but it was worth it. Tears were literally shed as I placed my tye-dye sweatshirt into the D.I. pile. For me, each item of clothing is a memory. I remember when I purchased it, where I wore it, and what events happened while wearing it. So I never threw clothes away. Therefore, I had clothes in my closet that I wore in the fifth grade. Some were solely memories, while others I sill tried to sneak into my ensembles. Jeff kindly pointed out to me that they didn't look good by using the phrase, "I don't love that on you," and now most of them are for sale at the local D.I. store. 
Our first month together was a blast, and I officially feel like housewife, hence the address of this blog. I love it. Cooking, decorating, organizing, ect., I can't deny how much I love it. 

A few pictures from this past month...
 Our honeymoon was nothing but glamorous. Obviously.

 Disneyland!
 Jeff ate a whole jaw breaker in 2 days. 
Direct quote: "My tongue really hurts now."  

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing ever! Who was eating the Dorita in bed? I love your writing style, it is just how you talk. I love you lizzi!!! Actually this is not Trevor but your mother, I have no idea why it says trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete