Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Homemade Whole Bowls

While walking around Portland over Christmas break, Jeff and I stopped at the Whole Bowl food cart. We loved it. It's a bowl of brown rice, black beans, avocado, salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, black olives, cilantro, and their famous tali sauce.  I wanted to make it myself when I got home, but I was stumped when it came to the sauce. After looking around the web, and a little taste testing, we were eating our whole bowls at home. We added some sauteed red peppers and skipped the cilantro and olives. The sauce keeps really well, but it thickens in the fridge. If its too thick, just mix a little bit of water in until its the right consistency. It is still plenty flavorful. 
I found the large flake nutritional yeast at Winco in the bulk section.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment